Friday, December 9, 2011

Shana & Dcastro - Downtown Los Angeles Art Walk - Radiate



 

 

 
Last night I went to the Downtown LA Art Walk with my homies Rose and Ron (both previously featured square people) and saw some wonderful art. Our first stop and one of my favorites of the night was Shana and her Solar Sculptures. These beautiful hanging lights reminded me of jellyfish (my favorite underwater creature) and Shana explained she found her inspiration from flowers. You can control the lights and colors with a remote control and some of them are solar powered. Check out her website and support this creative lady!
 




 

Dcastro was another favorite of the night with his colorful and psychedelic paintings. Originally from Coromandel, Brazil, Dcastro created a new philosophy of art called "New Contemporary Art," which is comprised of seven elements: modernity, contemporary, innocence, simplicity, spirituality, happiness, and poetry. Listening to him describe his artistic vision was fascinating and I enjoyed ruminating on how my personal interpretations of the works differed from the original vision. You can check out this talented artist's website here!

PS. More pictures from the art walk, which was indeed a beautiful night of light, color, and design...


 



 (artist: Miguel Osuna)


 

1 comment: