Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Manny & Benny - Chinatown, LA - Craft

 

 


I met Manny while he was working in Ooga Booga, a small space off of the Chinatown Central Plaza that supports the creations of independent, young artists and designers. You can find zines, mixtapes, artist notebooks, clothes, and generally interesting and beautiful, one-of-a-kind pieces. Manny is an artist himself, specifically a printmaker, and besides being a super sweet guy, he was rocking a sweet, So Cal style.




 
Benny was waiting for a friend when I arrived at the Gold Line stop and I decided to miss a couple of my trains to take his pictures. Not only is his style particularly fly but he is also a singer and guitarist in the band East of the River. Listen to their song "Take You Alone" here. Mad props!

PS. Here are more pictures from my afternoon in Chinatown. I even made my lucky penny into the love cup of the fountain below. While my life is already full of love, I wouldn't mind a little more. :)

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment