Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Dog People - October 11 - Bunny & Bonnie




I met the lovely Bunny today with her dog Bonnie as she was walking through the square. I usually don't stop people that are walking through, but the duo was too cute to pass up. The conversation I had with Bunny was one of the most inspiring I've had in the history of this blog. This fiery lady was an active champion of Vietnam veterans' rights in 1960s, contacting all of the US senators to get the soldiers she cared for the medical treatment and pay that they deserved. Despite her current battle with various levels of bureaucratic red-tape, Bunny refuses to be taken advantage of and is one sharp and fierce woman. Good luck Bunny! I can only hope to be as passionate and fit at 88 years old...

2 comments:

  1. Love all of these, but especially this one. Great job, Gaby, think you might be inspiring me to go out and take some portraits myself!

    -Chaia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl! I'm so glad! Pumped to see what the lovely people of DC are doing :)

    ReplyDelete