Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Krishna-kripa Das & Steven - September 27 - Connect






As I entered the square from the Walnut and 18th Street entrance, I was greeted by the soothing sounds of music and chanting. After catching up with some square regulars, I returned to meet Krishna-kripa Das (right) and Steven (left). They are Hare Krishnas and follow a spiritual practice based on traditional Hindu scriptures. As I develop an understanding of my own spirituality, I have found practices of the Hare Krishna, such as meditation and yoga, extremely worthwhile. While it's not for everyone, I think the emphasis on connectivity, recognition of personal and worldly beauty, and peace is universally important. For more information click here and if you would like to follow the travels of Krishna-kripa Das, you can find his blog here.

1 comment:

  1. Gaby, thanks for the beautiful pictures and sweet words! I hope we meet again. It will be a lot livelier on Friday 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., weather permitting of course, as we will have a larger chanting party. Actually my Philly friends chant at Rittenhouse every other Friday at that time.

    Just one minor correction, the more information web address should be "www.krishna.com".
    I also have videos of the Hare Krishna chanting all over the world at:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/krishnakripadas

    ReplyDelete