Friday, September 9, 2011

Kevin & Abi - September 9 - Smile



After being turned down by the first two people I approached in the square today, I was slightly discouraged. I'm glad that I persevered however because I ended up meeting two extraordinarily lovely people. Kevin was in a peaceful head space when I approached him, listening to Alexi Murdoch and burning incense. His calm was infectious and his friendly warmth was apparent as so many people who were walking through the square stopped to say hi. We talked about our respective bike accidents, veggie/vegan diets, and how saying my name opens the heart chakra. (smiles)


I met Abi when she came up to Kevin for a light and learned that she lives with him. As I was leaving the square, I saw she had set up a face painting station and I had to stop. Not only is she a talented artist but her stories exemplified courage and resilience. Check out the beautiful artwork that she painted on my cheek below and contact her here if you need a face painter for the next beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment