Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Heather, Ali, Jerome, Mike & JJ - May 28 - Memorial Day Best


 

 



 


Today I met Heather, a veteran and painter. On Memorial Day, Heather paints scenes inspired by her experience at war. After 58 broken bones and 9 concussions, Heather is no longer fit for duty but paints more than ever. I was so glad to hear Heather's stories because it reminded me that today's significance far surpasses barbecues and beer. To all the men and women who fight for freedom across the world, thank you.
 



 




 

 




 

Jerome (far left), Ali (left center), Mike (right center), and JJ (far right) were enjoying today's hot and sweaty holiday in the center of the square. Ali hammed it up for the camera and JJ and I chatted about our California roots. Great group of chillers...I hope all you square people had a lovely holiday too!

No comments:

Post a Comment