Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Mina & Jo - August 3 - Ease


If you frequent the square, you have most likely seen Mina Smith-Segal painting the scene around her. She also takes photographs and has two images in the current exhibition at Cafe 12. Mina and her husband are members of the Photographic Society of Philadelphia. As I transition out of my college schedule of academics, extracurriculars, and social activities, I have felt a strong desire to join a group in my area. Granted, I will be at the Photographic Society's next meeting.




If you looked closely at Mina's painting, you saw a guitarist in the lower, right-hand corner. That was Jo Walsh, quietly playing his pawned guitar on a bench nearby. This engineer and world traveler is a folk musician and just a few minutes of chatting with him as he played, put me at ease. He plays folk festivals around the country and can be contacted at this email: joe.awalsh333@yahoo.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment