Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Jafar & Maddey - April 17 - Create



 

 


Jafar is a true Rittenhouse regular. I see him almost every time I walk through the square and have wanted to take pictures of him for some time. Today was the day and after formally introducing ourselves, he told me a little bit about his music. This guy played cornet with Wynton Marsalis and is on albums with two of my all-time favorite artists, Erykah Badu and Jill Scott. Just walk to the square and you will surely hear this talented musician playing! For those who can't make it to Philly, you can check out his album, Free Bop Movement, and hear for yourself.


 




Maddey was just finishing a quick watercolor for a customer when I snagged some shots. What immediately drew me to her was her beautiful, floral dress, which suited the sunshine and refreshing breeze. Check out this talented artist on her blog. She will also have artwork featured at Java Ink, opening Friday, May 4, and staying up for the month.

There were artists everywhere in the square today and I could feel the creative energy in the air. Springtime in Philly will always be a treasured time for me and I am so grateful to be in the midst of it all. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment