Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Malik & Mini - Rose Parade Floats, Pasadena - Sunny Disposition





Happy New Year dear friends! I hope your 2012 has been wonderful so far and that you've recovered after all that New Year's bubbly (my cure: breakfast burrito, lots of water, and a good day of sleep). One awesome thing about growing up in Pasadena is the festivity surrounding New Years, as we are home to the annual Rose Parade and Rose Bowl Game. Today, I went to go look at the Rose Parade floats, conveniently parked a few blocks from my house, and joined hundreds of others from near and far to experience this Pasadena tradition. While these floral artworks are beautiful, I found the people just as eye-catching.

Malik (above left) and his grandmother, Mini (above right), were taking a break from viewing the floats to rest in the shade, and for good reason...it was 83 degrees and sunny today in Southern California. Mini's fabulous hat caught my eye and got me wishing I had brought my own. The pair come to view the floats every year. I had a great time snapping Malik's model poses and sweet hair carving. So cool...

PS. More pictures of the floats...

(2012: Year of the Dragon!)

 
 

 



 


 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment