Thursday, January 5, 2012

Amy & Levi, Erin & Bridget, Kai - Barnsdall Art Park, Los Feliz - Rapport




 

 

Today I returned to one of my favorite public spaces in LA, Barnsdall Art Park in Los Feliz. I saw Amy and Levi walking around on the grassy hill and most immediately noticed Amy's cool frames and the great rapport she had with her son. Levi found me quite amusing and luckily I was able to capture some pretty cute moments.



 

 


Erin (left) and Bridget (right) were chatting when I interrupted to snap some pics. Not only are these ladies beautiful but I love how they have such different styles.




 
I met Kai when he asked me about tours of the Hollyhock House, which I didn't even realize was part of the park. (Side note: The building was designed by renown architect Frank Lloyd Wright. I had the privilege of visiting one of Wright's houses in western Pennsylvania a few months ago, called Falling Water. It is built on a waterfall and was truly magnificent!) Kai has a beautifully mixed heritage, half Japanese and half Jewish. Feel free to check out his cinematography on his website, www.kaisaul.com.

PS. The view at Barnsdall Park at sunset is quite a site...



No comments:

Post a Comment